ULTRIX 1.2/TELNET Multics bug

bnsw at mitre-bedford.arpa bnsw at mitre-bedford.arpa
Sat Nov 23 02:28:38 AEST 1985

  We have been having problems telnet-ing to hosts running the Multics OS.
The symptom: connection gets started and the login/password sequence begins.
But, after the "password:" prompt, which on a different UNIX system will
display a second line with some words like "no echo mode" and then you enter
your password, our ULTRIX system only does a CR/LF. Next, a user will try to
enter his password (which is not echoed),but nothing happens after that.  The
system just seems to be waiting...

	Any clues?
Thanks,
Barbara Seeber-Wagner