lint/cc divergence

fnf at unisoft.UUCP fnf at unisoft.UUCP
Mon Nov 4 15:40:35 AEST 1985

In article <181 at maynard.UUCP> campbell at maynard.UUCP (Larry Campbell) writes:
>> What doesn't make sense is having a combination of compiler and lint
>> where one knows about void and the other doesn't.
>
>Not only is it possible, it's been done, in VENIX.  (Although the ...

On a related note, the C compiler in the 68000 "microport" done by Motorola
and certified by AT&T is based on pcc2 while lint still uses pieces from
the original pcc.  I have in my possession at least one piece of code that
is compilable, but not lintable due to bug fixes and/or improvements from
pcc to pcc2.

-Fred