UNIX internals

Gil Winokur winokur at aecom.UUCP
Thu Nov 21 11:40:16 AEST 1985

	I am trying to familiarize myself with UNIX internals
and am looking for information as to how the following areas are
related to one another (pointers to one another, overlaps, which is contained
in which, and where they are stored in memory (or disk) (user storage,
kernel storage, and if kernel storage, physical or virtual memory.)).
<I have signed a non-disclosure agreement and have access to UNIX source>

1)process table
2)page tables(text seg. , data/stack seg. , free page and u-area page tables
3)segment table
4)u-area
5)user address space
6)text segment
7)data/stack segment
8)shared memory status table
9)semaphore status table
10)system file table
11)inode table
12)mount table
13)device switch table
14)interrupt stack
15)message queue status table
16)shared memory
17)buffer cache
18)super-block of a mounted file system
19)memory bit map
20)message pool
21)tty structures
22)system stack
23)message headers
24)free inode list
25)free buffer list

I have heard rumors to the effect that AT&T has published a poster
with this information contained on it. I would appreciate any help in
confirming this rumor and , if possible, in obtaining a copy of the poster.
Any help at all with this info will be greatly appreciated.

Gil Winokur
...{ihnp4,rocky2,philabs,esquire,cucard,pegasus,spike}!aecom!winokur