Help Me #1

Joseph S. D. Yao jsdy at hadron.UUCP
Thu Nov 28 13:56:26 AEST 1985

Thanks to all who have reminded me (in response to my response
to cottrell's request for info) that each file dumped has the
inode number in the on-tape file header, and the inodes are
written out in ascending numberical order, so reading the first
header on each tape tells you whether the inode is there or not.

I don't need any more reminders.  If I'd devoted any processor
power to it, I'd ha' realised it sooner, rather than just not
caring.		;-)
--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy at seismo.{CSS.GOV,ARPA,UUCP}