using Vax as fileserver for Xerox Lisp machine

Eric Pearson ecpearson at watvlsi.UUCP
Sat Nov 9 02:57:30 AEST 1985

We have an eithernet connecting up a set of Vaxen running
4.3. We would like to connect our Xerox 1108 Lisp machine to
this network, so we can use the Vaxen as print & file
servers.

The problem: the Lisp machine talks PUP and the Vax/Unix
have only the lowest level of PUP support.

We need to find the software (which I know exists) which
will reside on the vaxen in the background and act as a
File Transfer Program (FTP).

Can anyone give me a pointer to the source of this software ?

		ecpearson at watvlsi
		(Eric Pearson @ University of Waterloo)