Accounting suspended (results of info request)

Eric McRae eric at amc.UUCP
Tue Oct 15 06:19:28 AEST 1985

On Sept. 18, I posted a request for reasons why I was getting an
"accounting suspended" message on my console now and then.

Thanks to all those who responded.  The consensus is:

Accounting is suspended whenever the filesystem containing the wtmp
file reaches some maximum size.  The numbers in the responses varied
from 90% to 98%.  Accounting is resumed (silently) when the filesystem
size drops below a suitable hysteresis level.

Some notes on the number of responses: (Article posted on 9/18)

date	9/19	9/20	9/21	9/23	9/24	9/25	10/2	10/5
# resp.	 7	 5	 2	 4	 1	 1	  1	  1