Flames about UNIX code quality

BostonU SysMgr root%bostonu.csnet at CSNET-RELAY.ARPA
Wed Oct 9 05:27:31 AEST 1985

No disagreement so I won't beleaguer these channels with re-hashes but
one cannot help but wonder if the reason you don't see so many complaints
about the code quality on other O/S's is either

	a. The vendors keep you away from their source so few
	would know or care
	b. The quality is so bad and hopeless it is not worth
	discussing (from the standpoint of software engineering,
	maintenance rather than pure functionality I can think
	of one vendor who considers source the assembly *output*
	of their higher level language compiler, as an example.)

Yes, ATTIS should be more concerned with these things, yes, it is
probably hard to get the truly competent people into such job
positions.

	-Barry Shein, Boston University

Maybe if we each took one utility....