hanging up modems (missing something obvious....)

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at nsc.UUCP
Sun Oct 6 04:37:06 AEST 1985

I'm obviously missing something obvious, but I sure don't know what it is.
I want my system to hang up a modem when someone logs off, and I also want
to be able to hang up a modem under software control (if someone dials into
a modem and doesn't log on, tying the thing up, for instance). I'm running
BRL release 3. The modems (racal vadic rack mounts, if it matters) are
hooked into the system with cables that carry all the appropriate signals,
the flags field on the dhu is set so that it recognizes carrier detect (if
the modem hangs up, it gets rid of the job properly). I've tried setting
'hc' in gettytab, I've tried twiddling DTR. When I log off of a modem, a
new getty starts up, and I can't get my dialins to hang up. What am I
missing?
--
:From under the bar at Callahan's:   Chuq Von Rospach
nsc!chuqui at decwrl.ARPA               {decwrl,hplabs,ihnp4,pyramid}!nsc!chuqui

If you can't talk below a bellow, you can't talk...