Online Formatter for 4.2BSD

COTTRELL, JAMES cottrell at nbs-vms.ARPA
Wed Oct 2 04:29:02 AEST 1985

> From: linde at srcsip.UUCP (Larry Linde)
> Anyone have a NON standalone version of the format
> program that comes with BSD4.2?

Yes. Call SI. Maybe you can buy their software without buying their
hardware. They have modified the `hp' driver (& `up' driver I think)
to do do ioctls which say `hey, on the next read/write I give you,
do the header too'. They also supply online formatting, bad block
addition/deletion, verify headers, bad block scan, etc. All online.

/* From Phil Ngai */
> God made atheists too.

God made Man, & Man being a gentleman, returned the favor.

	jim		cottrell at nbs
*/
------