memory access benchmark

cnrdean at ucbtopaz.BERKELEY.EDU cnrdean at ucbtopaz.BERKELEY.EDU
Thu Oct 10 08:55:40 AEST 1985

I am looking for a benchmark program which will test for the
maximum main memory size that a program can have in a computer.
That is, maybe a computer manufacturer says that a program can be
64K of data and 64K of instructions.  But, I would like to test to
make sure that this is true.

My guess is that to test the data size, I would simply keep 'alloc'ing
until a failure happens.  I would like, not only to declare a
large array, but to test that values are accurately stored.

But, I am not sure how to write a program which keeps incrementing
its instruction size.  Is this possible?

Any help would be appreciated.  If you can send some source, so much
the better.

Sam Scalise
UC Berkeley