minor bug in dump, can cause system to hang.

Ihnat ignatz at aicchi.UUCP
Tue Oct 15 14:08:13 AEST 1985

Just catching up on this group, so I'm a day or two late...but I find one
thing interesting in the whole thing...

No one has mentioned the obvious:  If, as it sounds to me, a user program,
with no particularly exotic permissions, may use a system driver with permitted
calls and cause the system to have a prefrontal, then it's a BUG in the
driver.  I don't care WHAT is documented in the manual, or suggested as
being what a right-thinking programmer would do.  If A User Can Crash The
System With It, It's A Bug.

	Cheerfully,

--
	Dave Ihnat