uucp and unity

Glenn Wright glenn at uel
Tue Oct 8 19:53:51 AEST 1985

> If this were a unix system I'd be saying that there was a getty on the
> line and the two processes are fighting over who can read the characters.
> Is there a similar process on vms?

Indeed, the Unity system will use the VMS terminal driver. In the case
of a normal terminal line it is the VMS terminal handler which logs you
into DCL, which is the command line interpreter. In turn DCL will either
run the Unix shell or will give the user the login prompt. When it comes
to running uucp you will need to get VMS to remove the "login:" sequence
on an outgoing line. I believe this can be done via a SET TERMINAL command.
Try this, but I'm not really sure if this is your problem.
--
Glenn Wright