Serial line problems on Sun

GERARD MAYER gxm at raybed2.UUCP
Wed Oct 9 02:24:43 AEST 1985

Your question envokes many memories. Over a year ago I went through this on
my SUN 2/120. I would frequently get the "zs5: silo overflow" while I was
interfacing to robot/machine vision controllers that looked worse than your
terminals. First make sure xon/xoff control is set properly on your terminal,
and then if you have a 120 sitting on the floor, put it on it's castors. The
board that the ttys{0,1,2,3} are on is more sensitive to heat, and the fan
gets better air flow. This did it for me.

					Gerard Mayer
					Raytheon Research Division

					uucp  ..linus!raybed2!gxm