Random Precision

COTTRELL, JAMES cottrell at nbs-vms.ARPA
Wed Oct 2 11:09:14 AEST 1985

I'll answer the easy part...
> 1.  What good is a random number generator when you have to generate a
>     random seed to begin with.

For debugging. If the same series is generated each time (by the same
seed) then the program will behave in exactly the same way each time
it is executed. Remember the `randomize' statement in BASIC? That's
what it does, sets the seed to the system clock to look more random.

> Are (1), (2), and (3) wrong, am I totally out to lunch...

If you are, bring me back a cheeseburger. Hold the randomness.

> are there any good references???

Yes, but I'm not one of them.

	jim		cottrell at nbs

"Well you wore out your welcome with random precision"	-- Pink Floyd
*/
------