Masscomp

Barry Shein root at bu-cs.UUCP
Mon Sep 9 12:17:26 AEST 1985

Re: problems with companies charging to chat with SEs about problems
versus them getting swamped with non-problems.

I agree with both sides (hey, just when I am ready to rip the damn
phone out of the wall it rings to tell me something real is up!)

The obvious solution for a company is to hire some lower-level people
and charge a reasonable fee to be able to let them listen and screen
problems. Even better, limit a site to a few designated people who can
use the service, so problems get one more filtering.

I prefer the method of reducing as many problems as possible to a
reasonable price. $80/hr is steep and open ended, what would your
reaction have been if it were $100/month so you could just budget it?

Usually the last sound before a 'CLICK' that someone hears from me
when they say they don't want to pay anything for a service is:
"If it aint important to you, then it aint important to me either."

	-Barry Shein, Boston University