Callan UUCP system names on System-V, utsname.

Jon Gallagher jon at ptsfb.UUCP
Wed Sep 11 15:42:53 AEST 1985

	It's been our experience that the "setuname" coomand works
just fine on System V and V.2. We distribute a system based on the CT
Megaframe and have /etc/rc do a setuname (based on a `cat $file`
of two files, sysnam and nodename) on going to init 2.
The subsequent unames come out just as the manual says they
should ( :-} :-} :-} ) We find this a lot easier than relinking
/unix (which we ended up having to do because there wasn't enough
message queue space but...)
	Seriously, using the (1M) utilities will save you a lot
of headaches, especially if you don't knoiw exactly what *surpirises*
your suppliers' little gnomes have hidden in the kernel ( again, :-} )
--
Jon Gallagher
Pacific Bell

2600 Camino Ramon