Need help on UUCP connection (4.2 <--> Ultrix)

tim at cholula.UUCP tim at cholula.UUCP
Wed Sep 18 02:41:34 AEST 1985

  I'm having trouble getting a UUCP connection to succeed with  a  MicroVAX
II  running  Ultrix  32m  V1.1.  Everytime  I get the connection the Ultrix
machine gives me a RLOGIN message instead of a ROK message.  I  did  get  a
connection  to  succeed once but like a dummy I blew away the debug output.
Below is a portion of the debug output to the target system.  By  the  way,
our system is a Pyramid 90x which is running 4.2 UUCP (basically).

uucp TheirMachine (9/9-21:22-15691) SUCCEEDED (call to TheirMachine )
imsg >\015\012\020<
Shere\000imsg >\020<
RLOGIN\000msg-RLOGIN			<-----  Problem Message
uucp TheirMachine (9/9-21:22-15691) HANDSHAKE FAILED (LOGIN)
Hanging up fd = 7
exit code 0

The LOGFILE on the remote machine shows a line like below...
	uucp OurMachine (9/9-21:22-15691) (LOGIN VS MACHINE) FAILED
The ERRLOG shows no errors.

  Now on the Ultrix machine the login for our machine is "UOurMachine"  and
has an appropriate password.  In the remote machine's USERFILE we also have
an entry like   --   UOurMachine,OurMachine /usr/spool/uucppublic.

  Does any one have any  ideas  on  what's  going  here?  We  have  had  no
problems  connecting  to  other  (Non  Ultrix)  systems.  Any help would be
appreciated.
--
-----
                                        Tim Rosmus