Interlan problems (maybe?) on a 785?

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at nsc.UUCP
Thu Sep 12 15:17:52 AEST 1985

I'm seeing an interesting problem on our 785. We have an interlan board on
the unibus that works fine, but we've dropped in three brand new 'spare'
boards (identical revisions to the working board) and none of them will
allow the system to boot properly. Our configuration is:

	ub0:
	    tape controller
	    interlan board
	ub1:
	    5 dhu boards

What is happening is the enternet board gets probed and shows up on the
boot configuration, and then the system hangs. I can 'U'njam in console
mode and things continue fine, but only one out of three boards boots
properly. I'm thinking it may be that there is a DELAY() call somewhere
that simply isn't long enough with the faster 785, but I haven't found it
yet (changing ilprobe() didn't help). Anyone want to make suggestions of
what to look for?

chuq
--
Chuq Von Rospach nsc!chuqui at decwrl.ARPA {decwrl,hplabs,ihnp4}!nsc!chuqui

An uninformed opinion is no opinion at all. If you dont know what you're
talking about, please try to do it quietly.