4.1 to 4.2 ioctl() differences???

Alan Powers akp at midacs.UUCP
Sat Sep 7 06:38:20 AEST 1985

HELP!!! Quick response please.

I would like to have the changes or explanation of ioctl() from 4.1 to 4.2 at
the kernal level. We are trying to port kmc device driver from 4.1 to 4.2.
The problem is with the interface with ioctl() in the kmc.

We are using the kmc driver for RJE(hasp link) on 4.1 and trying to get it
to work on 4.2.  Does anyone out there have RJE working?

The old interface was
kmcioctl(dev,cmd,arg,mode)
'dev' is the major,minor number of the device.
'cmd' control the  setting or reading control status registers(CSR).
'arg' is an array of values which was used to set or read the CSR's.
'mode' ?????
At least this what I think it did.

I know on 4.2 ioctl only uses 3 parameters, but I don't know EXACTLY
how they are used. Also explain how the kernal ioctl has changed from
4.1 to 4.2.

kmcioctl(dev,cmd,data)
'dev'   ?
'cmd'   ?