Rp07 performance query.

Kevin Szabo ksbszabo at watvlsi.UUCP
Sat Sep 14 16:19:30 AEST 1985

We have been experiencing performance problems with our vax 11/780.  It
is running bsd4.2 and has two RP07's for the filesystem.  We have been
guessing a lot, trying to figure out what is causing the lack-luster
performance.  The current guess is that one of our RP07's is on the
blink.  The program MON shows that one of the rp07's has a average seek
time of 29ms, wereas the other is consistently 0.0ms.  All the other
machines that we have looked at (using MON) show average seek times of
0.0ms.

Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom they might share with us?  We are
going to get DEC to run diagnostics in the next little while but it
would help if someone who has seen this before could give some
pointers.

				Thanks,

				Kevin
--
Kevin Szabo' watmath!wateng!ksbszabo (U of W VLSI Group, Waterloo, Ont, Canada)