Very smart terminaks

Hal Peterson hrp at cray.UUCP
Thu Sep 12 02:58:15 AEST 1985

> > While I'm at it, the terminal is also where history belongs...

> Also it's kind of nice when I display history not to see things like
>     21 man greengrocer^Uman 3 grd^Heen^Wsprintf

> I think there is just too much stuff here for even a smart terminal, or a
> PC to deal with, it has to understand the guts of too many OSes to be economicly
> feasible . . .

> 			    George Williams

The easy answer to this is to just make the terminal smart enough
to do command line editing locally, which is what IBM 3270s have
done (poorly, I admit) for years.  Local command-line editing and
history would be obvious features to build into Blit software--so
obvious that I'll bet somebody out there already has.  Any takers?

		Hal Peterson
		ihnp4!stolaf!umn-cs!cray!hrp