UNIX Futures

Doug Gwyn gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA
Sun Apr 6 13:58:48 AEST 1986

In article <580 at ihdev.UUCP> pdg at ihdev.UUCP (55224-P. D. Guthrie) writes:
>I do admit that there needs to be an extra signal which can be sent to a
>process when the size of the window is changed.  This could be handled
>at a graphics library level though.

Any such implementation of SIGWINCH should ensure that the SIG_DFL
action is to ignore the signal, not to terminate the process.

I mention this because I see that AT&T hasn't yet changed the
wording in the SVID to agree with the result of the P1003
discussion about this issue.  SIG_DFL should NOT always mean
"terminate".