Help with C-kermit on SCO Xenix V

Bennett Broder ben at catnip.UUCP
Sun Apr 27 01:37:46 AEST 1986

I recent obtained a copy of C-kermit 4.2(030) PRERELEASE #2, 5 March 85.
We have been using this version at work on a Perkin Elmer 3250XP and an
AT&T 3B5, and so I wasn't expecting any problem bringing it up on Xenix.
Well the package compiles without error, and appears to work okay, until
you attempt to do a transfer.  Then it can't even seem to get past the
header packet, and keeps printing SS%S%S%S%S% and the like on the screen.
Looking at the debugging output from both ends show that the Xenix machine
is computing the checksum incorrectly.  Please, can anyone help???

--

Ben Broder
{ihnp4,decvax} !hjuxa!catnip!ben