Removing files with NULL as their name

Mark E. Sunderlin megabyte at chinet.UUCP
Wed Apr 9 03:44:15 AEST 1986

 I had some programs blow on me and they opened a file with
a null file name. Almost as if I had done a 'open("",O_READ)' or such.
Now, I have a few files in my directory that show up with names like
!wvwu or u!wv.  I tried a 'rm -i *' and I got a 'rm: !wvu non-existent'
error.
 My question is: How do I get rid of these suckers?? I could copy all
my files and subdirectories to a tmp, remove the old directory and them
copy it back minus the !wuv type files, but i KNOW there must be a better
way!  I know the file takes up an i-node also.
  Information: I am running a Zilog S8000 model 31 running Zeus 3.21.(That's
SYSIII to the rest of the world).  Send mail and I will summerize to the
net as I know I can't be the only person to ever have this problem!

"The number of UN*X installations has grown to 10, with more expected"
           - UN*X Programmer's Manual 06/72
UUCP:	(1) seismo!dolqci!irs3!scsnet!sunder		Mark E. Sunderlin
	(2) ihnp4!chinet!megabyte			aka Dr. Megabyte
CIS:	74026,3235					(202) 634-2529
Quote:	"Knowledge is Good"				   (9-4 EST)
Mail:	IRS 1111 Constitution Ave. NW  PM:S:D:NO Washington, DC 20224