XENIX assmblr OUT - Device Driver

Rick Richardson gemini at homxb.UUCP
Fri Apr 11 23:19:23 AEST 1986

[Trying to use in/out in assembler from a XENIX device driver, stills
gets TRAP]

	I don't know for sure about XENIX, but VENIX/286 provides
C callable (from the driver) routines that do IN/OUT for you.  They
are io_in[bw](port) and io_out[bw](port, val).  I would be surprised
if XENIX didn't also provide the same sort of thing.  As for directly
using the IN/OUT instructions from assembler in a driver, that also
works under VENIX/286, with no extra shenanigans.

BTW, the only driver in VENIX/286 that has a portion written in assembler
is the console driver.  All the rest are completly C.

Rick Richardson, PC Research, Inc. (201) 922-1134, (201) 834-1378 @ AT&T-CP
..!ihnp4!castor!{rer,pcrat!rer} <--Replies to here, not to homxb!gemini, please.