XENIX assmblr OUT - Device Driver

tom gardos gardos at kodak.UUCP
Thu Apr 10 07:04:18 AEST 1986

SYSTEM: IBM XENIX  V1.0 running on the IBM AT, iAPX 286 microprocessor

As some of you might have read earlier, I am trying to write an I/O routine
in assembler using the IN and OUT assembler instructions. I have written this
as a device driver and loaded it into the kernel. However, upon execution,
I crash the system with a TRAP type (13) or hex D - which essentially
states that the process doesn't have high enough priority level (I think).
Shouldn't the priority be high enough since it is a device driver?
Perhaps I am assembling my assembler source file wrong. I know for C
source files, one must strip the stack probes and other such things.

Could someone who has actually written a device driver in assembler or
one in C that called an assembler function please let me know how they
wrote it and compiled it? This is beginning to get frustrating!

P.S. This isn't relevant but is there a way to read articles that
have already been read?

--
Tom Gardos