yacc state space

John Tupper tupper at wanginst.UUCP
Sat Apr 12 04:58:22 AEST 1986

>Yacc would no longer work on it.  It would give me a fatal error saying
>that state space was exceeded and just die.

Look at the sources to yacc. There is a file called "dextern". Inside
are several #define constants defining the number of states and rules and
countless other things that yacc can handle. If you change these and re-make
yacc, it should be able to handle any grammer (if you make them big enough).
--
John Tupper                              tupper at wanginst        (Csnet)
Wang Institute of Graduate Studies       wanginst!tupper        (UUCP)