What's in Honey DanBer

Jonathan Clark jhc at mtune.UUCP
Sat Aug 2 01:30:51 AEST 1986

Continuing the protocol-name discussions...

proto "e"'s name is indeed given as "error-free" in the source. From a very
brief look I was unable to determine the exact differences between "e" and
"x" protocols, except that there are more DEBUG statements in "e" and more
fiddling with timeouts in "x". "x" is given as X.25. Certainly the sources
are *very* similar.

I think that "x" is meant for use over bursty, packetizing X.25 links and
"e" over  non-bursty non-packetizing links but I don't really know.

--
Jonathan Clark
[NAC,attmail]!mtune!jhc

My walk has become rather more silly lately.