MIT TCP/IP query

David T. Coffield david at comp.lancs.ac.uk
Thu Aug 7 00:22:22 AEST 1986

We have the MIT TCP/IP package for the IBM PC and are about (maybe) to buy
a 3Com Etherlink board to allow us to snap one onto our Departmental
Ethernet - which consists of a VAX and several Suns, running 4.2 BSD TCP/IP.

Part of the MIT information states that the BSD TCP/IP is non-standard
in several ways. Has anyone any experience of using the MIT package in
a BSD environment? What does "investing some effort in adjusting your
4.2 configuration" mean?? The intention was to be able to do remote
logins and file transfer to/from the PC from/to the VAX and Suns. Can we
do this, or are there a lot of problems on the BSD side?

Any pointers, hints, tips etc appreciated.
Reply by email, and I'll summarise if necessary.

	Thanks,
		David.
--
uucp:   ...!mcvax!ukc!dcl-cs!david     post: Department of Computing
arpa:   david%lancs.comp at ucl.cs              University of Lancaster, UK