Talk SOLVED!

Tom Perrine Perrine at LOGICON.arpa
Tue Aug 26 17:15:04 AEST 1986

Well, in our last episode, our heroes were trying to figure out why
"Talk" and "syslog" kept failing with "Protocol not supported".

Guy Harris hit it right on the head:

Somehow our uipc_domain.o did not have "inetdomain" as an undefined.
Therefore the actual kernel was out of sync with the config file.

Removing uipc_domain and re-"make"ing solved the problem.

An additional problem was that we did not have "localhost" in our
/etc/hosts file, but fixing that was not sufficeint to solve the
problem. (Suggested by Naim Abdullah <ihnp4!nucsrl!naim>).

Many thanks to all who responded,
Tom Perrine