ioctl()

Richard Klappal rlk at chinet.UUCP
Wed Aug 27 13:16:40 AEST 1986

In article <118 at aahus.UUCP> jorgen at aahus.UUCP (Joergen Haegg) writes:

> Is there anybody who knows what the following commands
> to ioctl() does. I'm trying to port software to a Xenix-compatible
> computer, and need to convert these into somthing my machine understands.
> FIONREAD
> TIOCSLTC
> TIOCGLTC

ioctl(fildes,FIONREAD,arg)
where arg is a pointer to a long,
sets arg to be the number of immediately readable characters from
fildes.  It is supposed to work for files, pipes, and ttys on
berzerkly systems.

Sorry, can't help on the other two, my system doesn't have them
(at least in the docs.)

--
---
UUCP: ..!ihnp4!chinet!uklpl!rlk || MCIMail: rklappal || Compuserve: 74106,1021