SVR2 Mount Points

Mikel Manitius mikel at codas.ATT.UUCP
Sat Feb 8 09:59:43 AEST 1986

I have been mounting filesystems atop mounted filesystems (ie: /usr/spool
being it's own filesystem mounted atop /usr which is also it's own fs) for
as long as I can remember, and I've seen many other people do it too. I
have never had any problems with this, so long as the filesystem it is
mounted on, gets mounted first.

We use this in the project I'm working on, and someone (who's credibility
I question) is telling me that this is improper, and causes the system to
behave irrationally, and that they cannot use it.

I would like to hear from anyone who is using nested mount points, and
either has or hasn't had any trouble with it, I would certainly appreciate
it if you could send me mail.

Thanks
--
			Mikel Manitius @ AT&T-IS Altamonte Springs, FL
			...{ihnp4|akgua|bellcore|clyde|koura}!codas!mikel