SVR2 Mount Points

Joseph S. D. Yao jsdy at hadron.UUCP
Tue Feb 18 17:16:48 AEST 1986

In article <466 at codas.ATT.UUCP> mikel at codas.ATT.UUCP (Mikel Manitius) writes:
>I have been mounting filesystems atop mounted filesystems ...
>We use this in the project I'm working on, and someone (who's credibility
>I question) is telling me that this is improper, and causes the system to
>behave irrationally, and that they cannot use it.

I don't know which version of Sys V you are using.  Some cannot
support really long mount-point names.  That aside, you must be
sure that the shutdown shell command repeats its unmount-all
shell command pipe line for as many iterations as you have depth
of mounting.  The original has 2, which is fine for /usr/spool,
/usr/src, and /usr/tmp; but breaks down on (e.g.) /usr/src/add-ons.
--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy at seismo.{CSS.GOV,ARPA,UUCP}