ULTRIX futures?

Bob Page page at ulowell.UUCP
Tue Feb 11 15:52:58 AEST 1986

It seems that there will be a lot of overlap between your proposed
mailing list and existing lists (Usenet's net.rumor comes to mind)
but no one group, ARPA or Usenet, could adequately hold what you
have proposed.

I like the idea.  At UniForum last week, I was in a daze on the
showroom floor.  Some trends were obvious (NFS), others *looked*
obvious (Integrated Solutions), etc.  I for one would like to
discuss these things.  It would be very easy for me to convert
our machines to SysV if Streams/RFS was the Next Big Thing ...
and it might be, contrary to my current attitude.  The split
in ULTRIX 1.2 and 4.3BSD is becoming more critical - so much so
that I am seriously considering putting one on each of the two
750s and running with them for a while.

Where does Mt Xinu fit in?  How about non-VAX architectures?
We are running DG/UX, DataGen's implementation of SVR2 with 4.2BSD
libraries... and looking at other machines, such as the Alliant
and Gould.

mod.newprod (I think?) will not cut it.  Put my name on the list!

..Bob
--
UUCP: wanginst!ulowell!page          Bob Page
ARPA: page at ulowell.CSNET             University of Lowell