DR11-W driver for 4.2 wanted

Brad Yearwood brad at kontron.UUCP
Tue Feb 11 06:30:12 AEST 1986

We need to connect an image pipeline processor to our Vax 750 running 4.2 BSD,
and plan to use a DR11-W as the basis for the interface.

Does anyone in netland have a reasonably stable basic DR11-W driver for 4.2
on the Vax?  I'm not too hot at 4.2 driver hacking at the moment, and the
thought of starting from scratch on a new DMA driver on a system that is in
active use for other purposes, is less than appetizing.

The Berkeley distribution does have an Ungermann-Bass network interface
driver based on the DR11-W, but this seems to be integrated too closely into
the network kernel environment to be a useful model for a general purpose
driver.

Brad Yearwood
Kontron Electronics  {voder, pyramid, loral}!kontron!brad
Mountain View, CA