Modifying dbx to ignore some ^Cs

Gary Ansok ansok at spp3.UUCP
Tue Feb 11 07:38:45 AEST 1986

[] Check this box if you want $1 to go to the Line-Eater Extermination Fund

I have been requested to look into modifying dbx to ignore
interrupts that are typed during long typeouts -- 'where' from
deeply nested routines, for example--so that ^C can be used as
an interrupt to these long typeouts.  The problem is that I
want the *child* process to ignore the interrupts depending
on what the *parent* is doing.  (And of course, they both get
the interrupt signal.)  ^O does throw away the output, but it
can still take quite a bit it time to finish creating and
discarding the output.

The tactic I'm looking into is setting a flag in the parent's
interrupt routine (to whether or not this interrupt should be
ignored) and then ignoring the interrupt when it comes back
from the child.  How to do that, I'm a little fuzzy on--I may
simply re-run the last command line.

Has any one done this before and can provide me with modifications
(or even just suggestions?)  We're running on a Pyramid running
the 4.2bsd/SysV mix in the ucb universe.  Thanks in advance,

		Gary Ansok
		{ihnp4,decvax,ucbvax,...}!trwrb!trwspp!spp3!ansok