/usr/lib/aliases name format

Warren Burstein warren at pluto.UUCP
Sun Jan 19 12:01:24 AEST 1986

> However, is it okay to put in names such as
> person at lastmch.uucp or person at lastmch.UUCP?
>
> Or does the answer depend on how our sendmail configuration
> file is defined (of which I know zilch about)?

Yes, it does depend on your sendmail.cf file.  I hacked mine to recognize
these addresses and give them to drilltech!sob's uumail program which would
figure out a path for "lastmch".  The case of the domain (uucp) seems not
to matter.  Unless you have this program your sendmail will probably
do one of two things
  Translate person at lastmch.uucp to lastmch!person and attempt to deliver it
with uux.  Fine if your site talks to lastmch.
  Think the address is a local user, discover there is no one named
"person at lastmch.uucp" at your site and return the mail.
--

The Maxwell R. Mayhem Institute for Quandary Requiem and Maternal Sciamachy
Accept no substitutes.