Can anybody explain this uucp spool directory setup?

davidsen at steinmetz.UUCP davidsen at steinmetz.UUCP
Fri Jan 10 00:54:50 AEST 1986

Grade is used to allow faster or slower output of files. It's probably not
useful unless a system is *really* overloaded on output. Some sites use it to
indicate critial output which should be sent ASAP even during high phone
change hours. Most systems recognize grade "S" (option -gS) as "slave", and
never send the file, but wait until the recipient calls in to get it. This is
like the "Slave" in L.sys entry, but on a file basis. I frequently use it when
someone asks me to send a really large file from my personal (I pay the bills)
system, to let them eat the phone bill.

	Hope this helps...
--
	-bill davidsen

	seismo!rochester!steinmetz!--\
ihnp4!              unirot ------------->--- crdos1!davidsen

"It seemed like a good idea at the time..."