Jove - GoLine Function - Fix?

Ron Flax ron at dsi1.UUCP
Fri Mar 21 10:56:38 AEST 1986

In article <1925 at brl-smoke.ARPA> moss at BRL.ARPA (Gary S. Moss (SLCBR-VLD-V)) writes:
>I think Ron Flax was referring to envoking the "goto-line" function as
>an extended command (typing it to the ':' prompt), as if it was not bound
>to anything.  This indeed does not work, it will not wait for an argument.
>-moss

This is absolutely correct!  If anyone is interested I have hacked
Jove to prompt for a line number at the goto-line prompt, this means
you can now type ESC-g [ line number ] <RETURN> and Jove will take you
to that line (provided it exists!) and then inform of where you are in
the file.

I have also hacked in a function to display the filenames of
the current directory into a scratch buffer by typing a '?' at the
find-file prompt.  Similar to Gosmacs, however there is no completion
of names at the present time.  Basically it does an 'ls -C' to a
scratch buffer then returns to the extended prompt.

If anyone is interested in these hacks send mail.

--
Ron Flax  (ron at dsi1.UUCP)
ARPA:	dsi1!ron at seismo.arpa
UUCP:	..!{seismo, rlgvax, prometheus}!dsi1!ron