Parallel I/O on Multibus(tm) WANTED.

Mark Reynolds mark at aoa.UUCP
Sun Mar 30 12:09:16 AEST 1986

<--------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Hello.  This is a request for help.

We are looking for hardware and software that will allow us to do
parallel I/O on Multibus(tm).  Specifically, we would like to have a
Multibus card that will accept 8 or 16 bit parallel input data ( it
need not do output, but that would be nice ), and when the transfer
is complete perform a DMA operation into host memory.  The target
environment is a UNIX(tm) operating system, specifically a MASSCOMP(tm)
68010 dual-processor system running their version of real-time UNIX.
They use Multibus I.

The ideal system would closely resemble a DEC(tm) DR11 interface, and
would come with the corresponding UNIX driver.  A polled device will
not do;  DMA capability is a requirement.  Two input ports ( or more )
are needed.

We think we have found hardware that will do this, without the required
software.  We have the following request:  if anyone knows of a source
for a UNIX DR11 driver ( source code, of course ) we would greatly
appreciate hearing about it ( it does not have to be public-domain, or
MASSCOMP specific, but, then, neither of these would hurt ).  Even better,
if someone knows of a hardware/software combo, this would be marvelous.

Any pointers, commercial or otherwise, would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

UNIX is a trademark of AT&T Bell Laboratories.
MASSCOMP is a trademark of Massachusetts Computer Corporation.
Multibus and Multibus I are trademarks of Intel Corporation.
DR11 and DEC are trademark of Digital Equipment Corporation.

Mark Reynolds @ ( Adaptive Optics Associates )

	{ decvax | linus | ima | ihnp4 } ! bbncca ! aoa ! mark
	{ wjh12 | mit-vax } ! biomed ! aoa ! mark