GNU Emacs problem on Tower

Chet Murthy chet at rice.edu
Mon Mar 31 05:14:37 AEST 1986

When I compile GNU on an NCR Tower (the smaller one, not the Tower-32), I
get a signal in the "temacs -batch -l inc-vers" command's execution.  The
run dumps core and the cause seems to be a signal in the inside of
decode_env_path.  I think the problem may be caused by alloca not working
quite right for a Tower when the argument is large, but I am not sure.  Any
info on this would be appreciated. Please send me mail directly, if possible.

--chet-- (chet at rice.arpa)
P.S. Any info from others who either have or have not succeeded in getting
GNU working on a Tower would also be appreciated.