UNIX Futures

Chris Torek chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Mon Mar 3 19:22:42 AEST 1986

In article <257 at maynard.UUCP> campbell at maynard.UUCP (Larry Campbell)
writes:

>Job control is pretty neat, if all you have is a dumb terminal.
>But an even better solution is virtual consoles, or windows.

... and goes on to describe how wonderful it is.

It is nice indeed: I have a Sun here with windows.  But then, it is
also nice to have job control so that I can do similar things from
home.  (Or could, if I had a phone....)  `Get better equipment' is,
to many, an unacceptable answer, alas.
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci Dept (+1 301 454 1415)
UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!chris
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at mimsy.umd.edu