Need Hints on Upgrading a Sun/2 to a Sun/3

starner at bigburd.UUCP starner at bigburd.UUCP
Thu May 15 09:55:35 AEST 1986

I will soon be upgrading a Sun/2 File server to a Sun/3
File Server using Suns MC68020 upgrade and bringing up
Sun Unix 3.0. At the same time I will be bringing up
Sun Unix 3.0 on the Sun/2 Workstations that will be
running with the upgraded Sun/3 as their File Server.

Since I will be running Sun UNIX 3.0 on all system I
am hoping it will avoid any of the Sun 2.0/Sun 3.0
YP problems and other problems associated with running
mixed versions of Sun Unix.

I would be interested in hearing of any problems or
documentation ambiguities in the installation procedure.
Or any problems encountered with the Hardware upgrade.

Our Sun Salesman said that many sites have done this upgrade
already and suggested that I ask here for any hints.

Please respond directly to me and I will post the responses
to the net.

Thanks

Mark Starner				(215) 648-7382
System Development Corp.
Paoli, PA

{sdcrdcf,sjuvax,bpa,purdue}!burdvax!starner
{cbosgd,ihnp4,akgua}!psuvax1!burdvax!starner