tbl | troff error?

eric at burdvax.UUCP eric at burdvax.UUCP
Sat May 17 00:19:35 AEST 1986

	The following file, when "tbl file | vtroff -me" produces a
weird result. The two lines of X's are printed so that the characters
actually overlap each other, and its ugly too. I do not know
troff well enough to look at the tbl output to see if something
is obviously wrong.  I do know that if the table is taken out,
or the .sz 24 line is removed, the output is fine. I am interested
in both work arounds at the troff level, and also code mods to
troff. This behavior occurs for vtroff and ditroff on our Vax
and Sun systems both running 4.2 BSD.

---------- 8< ---------- 8< ---------- 8< ---------- 8< ----------
.sz 24
XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX
.sz 12
.TS
l.
xxxxxxxxxx
.TE

Thanks in advance.

Eric Marshall
System Development Corporation, a Burroughs Company
P.O. Box 517
Paoli, PA. 19301
(215) 648-7223

USENET: sdcrdcf!burdvax!eric
        {sjuvax,ihnp4,akgua,cadre}psuvax1!burdvax!eric
ARPANET: PAYTON at BBNG