thanks for the eagle/emulex help!

john s salmi salmi at dicome.uucp
Wed May 21 22:15:21 AEST 1986

i would like to thanks all those who so quickly responded to my request
for help concerning an emulex sc7000/eagle/ultrix combination.  what i
did end updoing was using chpt to put the disk partition table out on
the eagle, rather than use the table embedded in the hp driver.  it
became apparent that dec had changed the driver stuff when they did
ultrix, as the partition tables by default are read from the physical
drive, either from partition a or c.

it was suggested that we attempt to fool the system into thinking that
the drive was an expanded rm02, but the controller got really confused
when i booted in `rm02 mode'.

i am now awaiting the arrival of the formatting/diagnostic floppy from
emulex, as newfs experienced a few write errors.

once again, thanks all! (gosh golly-gee, this here net sure is neat!)

----

	-john salmi   ...!ihnp4!dicome!salmi
 	-software & systems administrator
 	-dicomed corporation