read after write disk under 4.2?

Jim Ziobro z at rocksvax.FUN
Wed May 7 01:45:00 AEST 1986

Has anyone hacked the hp driver to do reads after writes on 4.2BSD?  I
have a disk drive which is going flakey (slowly) by writing bad data
then later failing on the reads.  Rewriting the sector fixes the
problem.  I would like to be able to turn on read after write for the
drive until the problem gets fixed.  The system is a VAX 11/780 with an
Emulex SC-780 and an ams-315 disk drive.  The error I get on the read
is a DTE (drive timing error).

//Z\\
James M. Ziobro
Ziobro.Henr at Xerox.COM
{rochester,amd,sunybcs,ihnp4}!rocksvax!z
Ziobro:henr801g:xerox