Ultrix backups on VMS machine?

Frederick M. Avolio avolio at decuac.DEC.COM
Fri May 9 05:27:22 AEST 1986

In article <220 at iscuva.UUCP>, davids at iscuva.UUCP (David Schmidt) writes:
>   We have 3 MicroVAX II's running Ultrix 1.1 connected via ethernet
> (running DECnet/Ultrix) to a VAX 11/785 running VMS 4.2. ...
>   We've thought of piping output from DUMP to DCP and writting to
> the VMS tape drive but DCP doesn't accept pipes!

Sure it does.  I did the following and it worked

	cat /etc/motd | dcp - node::filename

The - can be used in either place (copying from another system to
standard out or copying from standard in to another system).
--
Fred @ DEC Ultrix Applications Center
INET: avolio at decuac.DEC.COM          UUCP: {decvax,seismo,cbosgd}!decuac!avolio