4.2BSD Sockets

James R. Sheridan jrsheridan at watnot.UUCP
Mon May 19 22:46:57 AEST 1986

[.....but, but, EVERYONE ELSE does it!!?!!.....]

Hello.  I am kind of new to UNIX and would really like to learn how to use
sockets properly.  I do not have access to any source that uses them here, and
I was hoping that someone "out there" might have a few short examples that they
could send along.  I have the manuals, but that's just not the same as poking
through working code.  I figured I might just learn some neat tricks not
mentioned elsewhere from you people too.  Any e-mail replies would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

 James R. Sheridan             "The stars, like dust, encircle me
 Faculty of Mathematics         In living mists of light
 University of Waterloo         And all of space I seem to see"
                                In one vast burst of bright."

    UUCP  : {allegra,ihnp4,decvax,utzoo,clyde}!watmath!watnot!jrsheridan
    CSNET : jrsheridan%watnot at waterloo.CSNET
    ARPA  : jrsheridan%watnot%waterloo.csnet at csnet-relay.ARPA
    BITNET: jrsherid at watdcs