Microport System V/AT help request

Ron Flax ron at vsedev.VSE.COM
Tue Oct 7 00:23:43 AEST 1986

In article <111 at cpro.UUCP> asgard at cpro.UUCP (J.R. Stoner) writes:

>> The problem: When I do a "soft boot" with Ctrl/Alt/Del, I get an error message
>> in the middle of the screen: "Unexpected SW Interrupt 06 at F000:0059  Type
>> (R)eboot, any other key to continue" The system hangs at this point requiring
>> a complete power down to fix.
>>
>I am running SVAT on a Chop-Suey model clone.  This machine has never had
>compatibility problems.  My suspicion is that the error on your Kaypro does
>not appear consistently.  I get this too and I suspect it is a bug in the
>machine code fragment that patches the CtlAltDel entry point to perform the
>full memory test instead of the "quick" boot sequence.  If there was a
>delayed interrupt from the hard disk when the back-patching was supposed to
>occur, I can see where the problem would lie.

I have had a similar problem, when I do a Ctl-Alt-Del on my BELL
Technologies MPE (PC-AT Clone) it says 'system will be rebooted...' or
whatever, then just sits there looking dumb as if to say what next
boss?  I then have to reset the computer by hitting the reset button.
Not too much of a problem although I suspect that the powerfail
routines and/or autobooting will fail if I am not there to kick the
computer...  Microport are you listening?

--
ron at vsedev.VSE.COM	(Ron Flax)
UUCP:	..!seismo!vsedev!ron