DELAY

Paul Lansky D0430 at PUCC.BITNET
Tue Oct 7 23:46:33 AEST 1986

howdy,

I'd like to express many thanks for the dozen or so answers I've gotten
to my DELAY query.  They all suggest using timeout/sleep in some combination
or subterfuge.  I've implemented this and it seems to work beautifully.
The most economical and straightforward suggestion came from Jim Lowe
who suggested the following (similar to what happens in the uda.c and
tmscp.c drivers in Ultrix)

    (void)timeout(wakeup, (caddr_t)&tp->t_dev, hz>>1) ;
    (void)sleep((caddr_t)&tp->t_dev, PZERO);

You all are quite a resource!

Paul Lansky
Music Department
Princeton University     {seismo, ucbvax} princeton!winnie!paul
                         bitnet == d0430 at pucc